1. Hey, you know all that voter fraud the Republicans are citing as the reason behind voter id laws and the like? Guess whose committing fraud? More here.
1.5 That's one reason I'm not counting any chickens before they hatch this election cycle. The other is explained here. I'm fine with dismissing much of what Romney stands for (or doesn't, as it were), but even before his liefest last night (really more of a commentary on Obama's uncertain speaking style than anything good Romney did) I don't want to underestimate him as a politician (although I doubt it's possible to do so as a person).
2. Axl Rose is going to appear on Jimmy Kimmel. You just know that this is going to lead into them doing a recreation of the greatest on-stage meltdowns of all time.
3. Why the video game industry is still seriously messed-up, item #962in a series.
3.5 Here's a good look at the Japanese game industry and the problems with assuming it's all about creepy porn (without dismissing the examples that are).
4. I tweeted this a couple of days ago, but it bears repeating. Bad as some of the responses to social media have been in fandom, they're often worse in academia.
5. Finally, here's how to set up your desk. Anyone who knows me knows that I probably violate every single one of these principles.